Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Think National, Act Locally


I don't think I'm alone in saying; this country is in some serious trouble. With the economy, world peace problems, and distrust of our elected officials, this nation is in a precarious predicament and it's not going to be fixed with apathy. In my experience, there's very little I can do about national politics, after my one vote is filtered through the electoral college I'm not sure it was even counted. My vote in the state has but slightly more impact and the county a little more. The only place where my vote and opinion really matters and may make any  difference at all is in Wentzville. I try to think nationally and act locally in hopes that we, the citizens, can have a more responsible and responsive government.

I have been called "negative" and "a mean-spirited bitter old man" (along with uncounted expletives) but what the people who are saying these things are actually saying is; "I am a concerned citizen and fed up with governments who don't listen to their constituents." I have been called "a nobody who thinks he's important," what I don't understand is; if these critics believe what they are saying, why do they waste so much time distressing over me? They say: "Nobody reads The Wentzvillian," but according to analytics, this blog received over 4,700 page views in the last 30 days and increasing every week. There aren't a lot of pictures here so maybe some of them are reading it, huh?

Alderman Nick Guccione declared that I am "out of control" and met with his opponent asking him to tell me to lighten up (tell me how that works out for you). He firmly believes that I'm on Leon Tow's election committee, so he's going to Tow whining about my reporting on his record. He was spotted and overheard saying these things in the local McDonalds. It is a known fact that Alderman Guccione is not running on any specific platform, instead his strategy is based on conspiracy. If Guccione is elected mayor, it is his desire to have total control of the Board of Aldermen and the city, why doesn't that sound like representation to me?

I admit that I take the governing of our city seriously and I'm passionate about what I feel is wrong, in my opinion. I don't know how many times I have to say that when an elected official crosses the line and is not, or is no longer contributing positively to our community, it's time for him/her to go. I have seen aldermen who were too busy living their lives to do what is necessary for the office.  I've also seen them who are elected and pay more attention to their special interests than the interests of the ward they represent. As far as I'm concerned, the voters need to know the record and actions of their aldermen. If any of them think that their public life should be secret, good luck, I'll be here looking, listening, and reporting.

The only thing I can say to you who are bent on getting rid of me, it's very easy; just do your job without back room deals, conspiracies, or underneath the table activities. Don't use our city and tax dollars for your own personal or political gain, and represent the interests of the majority of your constituents and poof, I'll be off your ass. Until that time, negative actions on your part will be noted here for my readers to make up their own minds. I trust the citizens of Wentzville, they will do the right thing.

I am a patriot and proud to live in Wentzville, USA, I'll continue to fight for good government and won't back down from threats or tyranny either foreign, domestic, or local. By thinking nationally and acting locally, I believe our country will always be a sovereign nation. May God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment