Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Anonymous Commet


The Wentzvillian  received an anonymous comment from someone who is obviously dissatisfied with the reporting here. It wasn't going to put it up but after thinking about it, this is an interactive site and everyone needs to be able to make their point here, if they have one, and sometimes even when they don't (as in this case). On occasion it gives me some demented pleasure to let them criticize themselves with their literacy, knowledge of our city, or lack thereof. I have edited out the name of a private citizen (whom I do not recognize) because I don't report on anyone who is not elected, or running for election unless they've done something newsworthy or committed a crime. It saddens me to see a second anonymous person tell me that "no one cares" about The Wentzvillian. I guess I can scratch one of my 6,131 page views this month. Here is the comment as submitted, minus the private name:

Can anyone tell me why Leon Tow is running for mayor. He is HBA's puppet we know that but other than that I have seen no reason for him to run. He is my alderman and I have called him and that stupid Sheryl Cross many times for issues that I have had with the city and of course I recieved no return calls. I think you are just trying to SLANDER Mr. Guccione because you know that the residents of Wentzville like and respect him. No one cares about your blog actually we as residents that know Mr. Guccione is a good man are laughing at you and Mr. Tow because all it looks like you are doing is campaigning in your descrete way for Mr. Tow. Its sad really

Now it's my turn: Leon Tow is no more the HBA's (Home Builders Association) puppet than is any candidate who garners financial support for their campaigns through an organization or Corporation. For instance, your candidate Alderman Nick Guccione not only has funding from the Unions and Animal Rescue organizations, he may even have support from the NAACP, does that mean he is their puppet? Using your faulty syllogism the answer is yes! And in Gucciones case, I'd say that it may be closer to being the truth simply because he's lobbied in city hall for some of them. I know people who have made campaign contributions to candidates in past years were those candidates the puppets of their benefactors? I know you and people like you can and never will understand what's going on here but you need to try to understand the political system and how people get elected in small cities where none declare a party.

Your aldermen are in city hall at meetings almost every Wednesday night. If you have no luck calling them for a response (which I seriously doubt), and your subject is so paramount that it's causing you physical pain or you're having trouble tearing your ass from the TV, send someone down there to confront them for you. Oh and BTW, there are plenty of seats at every meeting, unless of course your candidate is pandering to yet another special interest group.

Regarding your allegation that I support Leon Tow; I don't know how many times I have to remind you radical Guccione enthusiasts, there are four candidates for mayor. Just because I put your buddy in the bucket of excrement with his pal Bill Schuette, that's no reason to think I'm supporting Leon Tow. You forgot (or don't want to admit) that there is another great candidate running for mayor; Darrel Lackey. Guccione and Schuette are dwarfed (both in credibility and intellectually) by either of these men. I predict; Leon Tow or Darrel Lackey will be our next Mayor of Wentzville. If Schuette campaigns he will come in third (you know where that leaves your candidate). If the rumors are true that Schuette is not going to campaign, Guccione might move into the third spot. Speaking of Darrel Lackey, his new website is up and running: http://www.darrel4mayor.com/

Finally: I tried to look up your word "descrete" and it's not in my dictionary between "descramble" and "describe" where it belongs. I love words and enjoy learning new ones. I'd like to learn the meaning of it so I can make it my "word for the day," any ideas where I might find it? If you and your small circle of "residents" are laughing at me and it gives you any comfort, I laugh at myself too, but who "really cares" what you think Mr. or Ms. Anonymous. I hope to see you at the meetings and don't forget to register to vote, Nick Guccione is going to need your vote if he is going to beat Bill Schuette for the third spot. This is fun, just like pulling the wings off of flies.

9 comments:

  1. that comment was probably lefy by donna sherwood it fits her logic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. donna sherwood never did take down her signs and i notice she has put up more some even on common ground, isn't that illegal?

      Delete
    2. She has no class with her signs. She has littered the city with no thought to the rules. Take a look at the farm along the parkway. She has 20 to 30 signs right along the road. The signs have to be 10 feet off the road but who cares because its all bananas.

      Delete
    3. you're right, sherwood has no class. i can't imagine her loud mouth in city hall!

      Delete
  2. I wonder if any of Guccione's supporters really know what he's running on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wonder if guccione knows what he's running on?

      Delete
  3. I'll be happy when this election is over and Donna Sherwood, Bill Schuette and their band of troglidites disappear until the next election. Then Guccione can finish out his term, lose the next election and disappear too. What a bunch of clods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mean people attrack mean people. This blog is a perfect example. It is amuzing but that is all it is. Mean, Mean, Mean..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it's like when Donna Sherwood and Nick Guccione filed false ethics charges on Leon Tow? Mean, Mean, Mean!

      Delete