Saturday, March 17, 2012

Let There Be Music


I spent the last two days in a remote little town in Southern Missouri taking in some possibly undeserved rest and relaxation, this town is so far back in the woods that I had no cell phone reception. While I was gone, rumors of my demise were running rampant and a half-dozen messages appeared on my phone as soon as I hit the interstate. These friends were concerned about my health and welfare because no one had seen or heard from me since the city meeting of last Wednesday, March 13th. The problem as I see it is; there was so much press over the happenings of that meeting for the last few days that when I didn't immediately post about it, people thought that I might have been dropped in the river. In the words of my favorite author, Mark Twain: "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated," but it's nice to know that people care, I thank all of you. I looked online when getting back and noticed the local news services had all kinds of stuff about Wednesday's meeting except the following:

The fun started when a gentleman citizen (and voter, I hope) came before the board to complain about the noise generated by the live music coming from Caddy Shack, a lounge on the Wentzville Parkway. This music can be heard throughout his subdivision keeping people awake until after one o'clock in the morning. He went on to say that they had gone before the Board of Aldermen before about the same matter but nothing was done so the residents took the owner of Caddy Shack to court and won. After the case was decided, the owner appealed in a St. Louis County court and he solicited a Wentzville Alderman to write a letter on his behalf, consequently, the ruling was overturned. The man alleged that the unnamed Alderman was using Caddy Shack as a campaign headquarters and claimed he had a conflict of interest—my ears perked up with this news.

I was curious who the Alderman was that wrote this letter in favor of the bar and against the residents of the subdivision behind it, I didn't have to wait long,  During the "Aldermen Reports," Nick Guccione, being the paranoid, double-dealing politico that he is; confessed it all, how he'd been wagging his tongue at both ends. I have to wonder about him, he constantly says he's the "people's candidate," but the first chance he gets, he throws those same "people" under the bus.

To the residents who live behind "Caddy Shack," remember this on election day, April 3rd, when you go to the polls to elect a new mayor— Nick Guccione is responsible for your late nights and the reason you're unable to sleep. Actually you are probably lucky, at least he didn't arrange for you to have to pay a cover charge. Tell your friends, family, and  other voting residents who it is that lies about being the "people's candidate." Mr. Guccione listens and reacts to the last person, or in this case business owner who talks to him, regardless of the consequences to the City or his campaign.

Another interesting fact behind this subject: Originally, there was an overlay district that banned live entertainment on the Wentzville Parkway. It was to keep residents from hearing all the late-night noise coming from those types of establishments. You need to know that Nick Guccione and his buddies; Bill Schuette and John Luby got all that changed to allow it to happen. I couldn't expect them to understand that this problem was thought out long before these geniuses were elected. So now, the people living behind establishments on the Wentzville Parkway with loud music late into the night will just need to get used to it, thanks to Guccione and Schuette, who by the way are both running for mayor. Their slogans should be: "A vote for me is a vote for a band in every back yard, with no cover charge" I have much more to say about this meeting last Wednesday but I'll save it for my next blog.

(On the campaign trail): I do have one thing to report on the candidates of Ward 2. As you know, I have scratched through Donna Sherwood and today I received several emails containing new information regarding her campaign but I'll save that for another time also. I have been on the fence about her opponents for quite awhile and it's time to announce my choice: Sonia Shryock for Alderman of Ward 2. I've made this decision after months of watching and listening to them and their motives, Ms. Shyrock has convinced me that she is a free-thinking independent candidate and deserves your vote. I believe she will represent the citizens of Ward 2 with honesty and integrity.

11 comments:

  1. Nick just can't do anything right especially if it involves his mouth being open. Let's see, Nick is running for Mayor and he sides with a bar owner because he uses it for a campaign headquarters and ailenates a subdivision full of voting residents in the process. He claimed that he was just being fair, I'm not so sure his explaination to the residents will win him any points at the election, but I'm keeping an open mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a non-issue. You've totally exagerated Nicks involvement in the Caddy Shack issue. He was merely helping a constituent.

      Delete
    2. A non-issue? Ask the residents he knee-capped, I'll bet they think it's a HUGE issue.

      Delete
    3. How could anyone ever think this is a non-issue? To side with a business owner by helping have a court ruling overturned which in turn hurts residents; not an issue? You, just like Nick and Donna has a screw loose.

      Delete
    4. Nick letter didn't help overturn the case. It was simply a courtesy to a business owner.

      Delete
    5. A courtesy that didn't intend to help residents but harm and infuriate them! I hope they get a group together to stand at the polls to tell voters about how he stabbed them in the back, in the name of being courteous.

      Delete
  2. Wise decision, Sonya Shryock is the only candidate who doesn't participate in the Sherwood/Guccione plot to rule Wentzville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put a copy of the letter on your site for all to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have access to that letter, perhaps Mr. Guccione could release a copy of it.

      Delete
  4. It's likely available in the court records. A copy would make a great campaign mailer.

    ReplyDelete