Friday, March 23, 2012

GM and Governor Nixon Supporting Guccione?


In my mail box yesterday morning I received the usual; too many bills, junk mail, and some great campaign post cards.  I got cards from Rick Stokes, Nick Guccione, Leon Tow, Darrel Lackey, Forrest Gossett, and Sonya Shryock, WOW, these things are purdy! These candidates have some great graphic designers that have created some real eye catching and informative bits of political posturing. While shuffling through the pile of cards one caught my eye, and I must say Nick Guccione has one of the most creative designers in the bunch, not only graphically but his verbiage is concise and oh so revealing.

I was astounded to see the big GM logo smack-dab in the middle of Guccione's card. I had no Idea that GM was supporting his campaign, I didn't think they actually got into backing local candidates. Guccione must be well-connected to land that monster wallet in his camp. I checked the General Motors website and found that their logo is trade-marked and it is against the law to reproduce it in any form without written permission from the General Motors Corporation. I tried contacting GM to see if they granted him permission but sadly, they are closed on Friday but be sure I will check it out first thing Monday morning. I hope he has permission because if he's wanting to be Mayor, I'm sure the citizens wouldn't want someone who would violate copyright and trademark laws. It is believed that if he disregards laws now, what kind of trouble could he get the City into later if he were Mayor?

Another thing that I noticed; If you read the card, he is taking sole credit for the GM expansion. "Nick knows what it takes to bring back American Jobs! General Motors $380 Million investment in the Wentzville Assembly plant will bring 1,280 new manufacturing jobs to Wentzville and back to America!" I'm sitting here trying to figure out how he single-handedly brought about the GM expansion. What did he do to achieve this monumental feat? He gives his phone number (636-332-1767) on the card, if any of my readers have questions, maybe you can call him and let me know his answer. Give him a call, If he tells you anything, let me know because he won't talk to me, "The Wentzvillian is not legitimate journalism."

The last thing I have a question about is the implication that Mr. Guccione is supported by Governor Nixon. He has a photo of himself posing with the Governor and it is a dandy, I met Matt Blunt once but I didn't have my Kodak, oh well. I was curious about his liaison with Governor Nixion so I emailed his office in Jefferson City to verify the connection. Unfortunately, their response didn't coincide with my post date so I will reprint his response as soon as it is received, stay tuned.

The questions and comments here today could create serious problems to Nick Guccione's credibility and electability if indeed some of these suspicions of mine are confirmed. In my gut, I believe he did not get permission to use GM's trademark, he didn't bring about GM's expansion, and Governor Nixon will respond by saying; Nick who? I will post all new information regarding these items as I get them and I urge my readers to dig into these points as well to find out for yourselves before you vote.

Addendum A, 3 March 2012, 10:00am

After further research, I've found that using the GM logo was not his first use of trade marked logos, he has been stealing the rights to the City of Wentzville's logo for months. Mr. Guccione believes that it's his Aldermanic right to use the City logo if it will assist him in reaching his objective. He uses the City logo on his campaign website and on several hand-outs, without permission that he knows he will never get. This is the candidate who wants to me Mayor, this is the candidate who believes the end justifies the means, this is the candidate who will use every unethical bit of trickery and steal anything that will advance his cause, this is Nick Guccione!

10 comments:

  1. if nick did all the things he said he did he should be crowned king of wentzville and a marble statue erected in front of city hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. has anyone check out Nick's website - I bet he did not receive City of Wentzville permission to use the City's logo and that is copyrighted. is that against some sort of city ordinance for elected officials

    ReplyDelete
  3. guccione will take advantage of any situation and resort to stealing any trade marked icon to get elected. I'm going to complain to the city, general motors, and governor nixons offive. this clown must be taught that he can't do any damn thing he wants without consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait a minute, i thought local mayors were undeclared as far as political party, how could nixon possibly be endorsing him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A word of warning, Jeremy Pritchett has always been a spy for Guccione and Sherwood. He is running against Sherwood and his sole purpose is to discredit Sonya Shryock and split the vote in Sherwood's favor. They made up hand made signs for Pritchett so they could save money and make him look like a hick, and posted them around town. Then Sherwood files an ethics violation against him knowing that he wouldn't be fined to cover the fact that he's a member of Gooch's troops.
    I'm telling you, this is one sneaky bunch of people who want to take over Wentzville City Hall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was suspected for several months and I came to that conclusion just a few weeks ago. Jeremey is a disappointment, I had hoped he was a better person than he's proven to be. Guccione and Sherwood's venom has destroyed a great number of young peoples reputations when they thought they were doing the right thing. Good luck Jeremey, I hope you get what you thought you would get!

      Delete
    2. You're right, what most of these people recruited by Nick and Donna don't realize is that once they put their name on that ballot, they have signed away their right to privacy, forever!

      Delete
  6. wouldn;t it be fun if some concerned citizen took that card to the meeting Wednesday evening and complaigned about gucciones misuse of GMs logo and connection of governor nixon??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please elaborate if you agree with following thought:

    I see parallels between Nick and his slate, and the Donna Morrow group in O'Fallon. The major difference is that Nick has political experience while Donna had none. Both are following a mayor who overstayed his welcome, and chose not to run for another term. Both put together a slate of candidates who had little understanding of how government works. Also, vision wasn't a strong suit.

    Now, review the general chaos that followed Donna's election. It didn't take long for the aldermen to see Donna's weakness and lack of experience. Ultimately, they turned on Donna, and each other. I suspect a similar outcome if Nick wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No elaboration is necerssary, you hit the nail on the head! But I would like to add: The seated Aldermen already know Gucciones weakness' and know how to exploit them. He is in serious trouble concerning Board support of any kind.
      In the coming election, Rick Stokes will be re-elected so Guccione's only hope is that he can get Sherwood to beat Shyrock which is unlikely, Ward 2 knows about Sherwood, I believe she is unelectable.
      If he is elected Mayor, he can appoint an Alderman to fill his vacated seat, however he will need a majority vote of the board and in the terms of Larry the Cable Guy; "that ain't happinin'.
      Mr. Guccione will have the most miserrable four years he's ever experienced in politics! He will be out there stumbling through putting forth a good public image and representing our City, I see a disaster coming there. Wentzville will become the laughing stock of the county and he will set public relations back 10 years.
      He has no dialog with State and County officials and according to my sources, he never will.
      The botom line is that I hope Wentzville voters are smarter than Guccione thinks they are.

      Delete