Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Election Day 2013


Today is the day responsible Wentzville citizens go to the polls to vote for the candidate of their choice. I worked the polls for several candidates this morning and afternoon, and feel good about the election. The turnout was lean but I feel assured that those who did take the time to vote are truly concerned with their City, and hope they are educated on the candidates. If they are, tomorrow morning we will see Cheryl Kross re-elected, Darrel Lackey elected, and Steve Martin still in orderly control of Wentzville's Judicial branch of our Government.

I find it is necessary to talk about Michael Carter who is running against Steve Martin for Municipal Judge. I have never seen more signs at polling places than he planted. To my way of thinking it was a vulgar display of fear, or maybe no one would have them in their yards. He lined the entire entrance of Progress Park; there must have been a hundred signs covering every inch of the roadside, and it was the same at every polling place. Carter with his signs made our polling places look like there was a carnival in town and Carter was the head clown. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he spent more money on signs than he would make if elected. Why would anyone running for office go so overboard with signs unless he knew beating the incumbent was nearly impossible? I sincerely hope that every voter, seeing his vulgar display, remembers his distasteful use of Easter cards to campaign, and asks him or herself, "What the hell is going on with this guy?" I further hope that each person with those thoughts votes for Steve Martin.

Everything has been done that needed to be done; soon there will be nothing left to do but watch and pray that the best candidates win.Tonight I will do my best to attend three different celebrations: those for Cheryl Kross, Darrel Lackey, and Steve Martin. I hope that no matter what happens, Wentzville is a better place for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment