Thursday, March 28, 2013

5 Days To The Election, and...


I want to mention, there are five days until Wentzville citizens go to the polls to vote for the future of our city. I strongly recommend that my readers vote and vote wisely. The Wentzvillian is actively supporting:

Ward 1
Cheryl Kross

Ward 3
Darrel Lackey

Municipal Judge
Steve Martin


Now let's talk about the meeting last night March 27th. There were some interesting things happen and I'm going to interpret (spin) some of them just so you can get a real flavor of what was said. First, our St. Charles County Councilman, Joe Cronin was there to speak on the new communications tower mandated to be built in Wentzville by the Federal Government. I'm sure this topic is of great interest to many people but frankly the discussion had my eyes glazing over. I came to attention when he congratulated the Board of Aldermen for taking the lead on the Highway 61 interchange that MoDot announced last week. Mayor Nickolas Guccione tried to claim this project in the social media leading us to believe that it was his idea. Cronin said; "It was this Board that did it." not Guccione, so much for his propoganda.

Alderman of Ward 2, Sonya Shryock gained bulldog status last night when she put on the gloves with Guccione. The attack revolved around the Mayor's goals he gave during the Strategmic Planning Session this past weekend, which are still not posted on the City's website. Shyrock said, "The goals you gave us Saturday are very expensive, how do you propose to pay for them?" Board President Rick Stokes cut in to say that this is not a topic for discussion but Guccione said "I will rebut her comments," with "I repeated the requests of the citizens." I can't believe our Mayor takes requests, comments, or complaints from citizens and makes them his goals for the future of the city. Since he adheres to the wishes of the people so well, maybe one of the 58 percent of our citizens who didn't vote for him could suggest that he run "strate" to the next bridge and jump off.

Next in the ring was Alderman Stokes. The subject was Guccione's Newstime article of last week where he stated; "The Aldermen threw out the bids for the two remaining parks." Stokes wasn't a happy camper (wink) and confronted the mayor as to whether or not he supported the decision. "You were blaming the Board for throwing out the bids." Guccione squirmed and said, "I support you." Then he tried defending himself using his usual tactic, blaming someone else. In this case it was the City Publicist, Ms. Laura Pendino who was thrown under the bus. "I gave it to Laura and she copied it out of the minutes, I didn't do it." Ouch, I'm glad I don't work for Guccione! He reminds me of the little kid on the playground who is always pointing his finger at someone else; "I didn't do it, she did it teacher." Hey Mr. Mayor, don't you know that you are responsible for any content with your name on it? You just admitted that you don't write the articles but didn't you even read it before it was delivered to 17,000 residents in Western St. Charles County? Talk about irresponsibility.

I had the pleasure of meeting our new City Administrator, Mr T. Michael McDowell and I am impressed with his knowledge and strength of conviction. It's still early, but I believe he may be the strongest CA Wentzville has had in the last 20 years. I'm happy to report this information because we need a strong CA to carry the mayor and relieve our Aldermen from babysitting this ineffectual blowhard.

So much for today. There were other important issues debated last night but most of them are boring so I'll leave them to the Patch or Journal. The fluff patrol is more patient than I, no offense.


5 comments:

  1. People say that Gooch is negligent in his duties, in his defense I don't think it is intentional. What I do believe is that he has no idea of what he is supposed to be doing. One year into his term and the only thing he's learned is that he has no idea what he's doing. Based upon his learning curve, the City will suffer with three more years of the same behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it doesn't mater what you say about gooch and if he can do the job. the problem is we have a clown in city hall and he is going to be here 3 more years. damn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are the Mayor's goals?
      We heard he handed out a copy of them at the Strategic Planning Session. Can they be printed here since they were distributed and discussed and should be on the video of the meeting??

      Delete
    2. I am in the process of getting the copy of the Mayor's goals that you speak of, when I receive it, I will post it here.

      Delete
  3. Ward 2 Alderwoman Shryock is right on the money with her comments to the Mayor. What the head of any business or city does first is know how much money any goals are going to cost and finds out where the $$ are going to come from before he opens his mouth and says what the goals are. The Mayor makes more of a clown out of himself every time he speaks. If what he says is 'what the people want' then he should take the advice of the people and take the first train out of Wentzville and never look back.
    Thank you Alderwoman Shryock for taking on the Mayor and standing up to the self-centered, egotistical, narcissistic, megalomaniac individual who dares to continually hide behind any one else he can blame for his own folly.

    ReplyDelete