Saturday, February 18, 2012

Groundhog Day


I can't help it, I've watched the Board of Aldermen meeting of February 8th a dozen times and every time I do, I see new stuff. I urge every voter in Wentzville to watch it, particularly, from 2:45 to 3:05 into the meeting. If you are planning to vote for Nick Guccione to be our next Mayor of Wentzville and you watch it, I believe you will have a new and greater prospective of him and his professed leadership qualities. In only 20 minutes, Guccione proved that he hasn't anything to offer this city.

To roll back the clock a little to about 1:18 into the meeting, after Alderman Gard gave the St. Louis Post Dispatch article to City Attorney, Paul Rost, to determine if there was anything in it from the infamous executive sessions, Guccione said it wasn't him. He went on: "The next day after the executive session it's out there on the blog." This is an admission that The Wentzvillian ("the blog") was right on target with what was going on in the executive sessions. Gard expressed grave concern that someone told it all in the St. Louis Post Dispatch article (Gard doesn't need to wonder any longer about who spilled the beans.). Why would Guccione say something like that unless he was trying to defer blame? Do you remember when you were a kid in school and the teacher sat on a tack, everybody pointed at someone else, it's the same old story.

Beginning at 2:45, the real fun started. Gard began talking about revising the sign ordinance to tighten up on the election period. He said that he and Alderman Leon Tow had attended a meeting of senior citizens recently and the first question was: "When are you going to do something about all these political signs cluttering the city? They don't want the city littered with political signs for five months out of every year" (because of the abuses of a few candidates). "I'll give you (Guccione) their names and you can tell them that they're full of it." Guccione just had to jump in to defend either himself or his campaign manager, Donna "Bananas" Sherwood, who placed her signs out 30 days prior to that allowed by city ordinance. During his protestations, Alderman Cheryl Kross reminded him that, "the proposed change doesn't include the name; Nick Guccione in it." That didn't deter him from continuing his whining, he went on crying about how his opponents had larger signs, better locations, and that this whole change is all about him. There's a word for that type of behavior but not being a psychiatrist I won't use it. I wonder if he ever had the inkling that maybe he's being supported by the wrong people? I've come to the conclusion that Guccione is the sort of politician, who if given enough time, would outsource all of our jobs to Banglawhore.

I found it quite interesting that at just about 2:55, while talking about changing the city policy to include not letting politicians campaign in city facilities during working hours, Guccione went bat shit crazy. He once again went on the defensive blaming it on "the blog," he said that he wasn't campaigning in the police department. He stated: "On January 3rd I visited the police station to merely welcome the new chief and the next day it was on 'the blog' that I was campaigning." A very cordial thing for him to do, but why did he feel the need to have his campaign manager tag along? Oh and by the way, she just happens to be running for a political office too, what a coincidence! His abysmal attempt at masquerading as an innocent well-meaning non-campaigning alderman is pathetic. Well, thanks to his infernal whining it's back on "the blog" again.

Two minutes later at around 3:57 he went on the defense regarding his political rally, loosely concealed as a Coffee Talk public meeting. He went on to complain that other alderman can meet in public places to talk over city business and he is being criticized for having a public meeting in his private residence. This whole thing was precipitated by Alderman Rick Stokes when he asked for a resolution to not allow advertising (paid for using tax dollars) in the Vision or other city publication; a Coffee Talk or other event which may become a political rally. Guchione's hand shot up like it was attached to a booster rocket "Once again, this is all about me." his explanation was not really comprehensible as he went on blathering about "seven people who are all anonymous, I didn't know there were that many people in town with all the same name." I have to assume he was trying to talk about "the blog" again and some of its anonymous comments, I really don't know. If any of my readers who watch the video can explain what he was foaming at the mouth about, I'd appreciate knowing.

I'm convinced that Guccione doesn't know nits from noodles and his tongue is long enough to cut his own throat, but he is entertaining to watch. I don't believe that he's entertaining enough to run this city for the next four years but he is a fun guy. I hope I'm finished reliving that meeting but somehow I seem to think; just like Bill Murray, I'm doomed to be locked in that three hours until I learn enough to become a changed man.

5 comments:

  1. I Went to Banglawhore once ! Thought the hotel was a liite dirty. But not to say that I wont go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Banglawhore in Tibet, or is it in India?

      Delete
  2. is banglawhore near hooterville?

    ReplyDelete
  3. (This comment was edited)

    You need to get a life and quit being so MEAN. Why do you not post my comments when I give comments back to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more than happy to post any and all comments on here, if and when they are relevant, to the point, and/or add to the discussion. If you persist in going off topic or want to slander a private citizen and wish to remain anonymous yourself, it ain't happening and will be treated like what it is...trash.
      I think maybe you've been drinking too much Sherwood/Guccione Kool-Aid! If you don't like what you see here, I cordialy suggest to you...have another drink!

      Delete