Friday, December 9, 2011

New Chief of Police Selected and a NEWS FLASH


Although the official press release has not been sent out, employees of the city got an email from Mayor Lambi notifying them that the selection process has been completed and naming the new chief. This notice comes out after three months of interviewing. The information I received is not complete but I do know a few specifics: The new chief joins an elite group of firsts, Wentzville's first woman police chief. Her name is Lisa Harrison, 40 years old, and comes to Wentzville from Boynton Beach, Florida. Ms. Harrison has roots in Missouri which answers some of the question why she would leave a beachfront city to come here. I think she will be a good addition to the Wentzville police department. There are always going to be some officers who will be unhappy about the selection, but given her scores, it is believed that most of them will learn to agree with it.

Moving on: There are some strong rumblings in city hall that our Mayor Lambi will not seek re-election. There is information finding its way to the streets that say; "Lambi is in some kind of serious trouble with the city." It is also said, "he could be involved in some sort of unethical activities which may be the reason for his lack of desire to run again." I hope it's not true because like I've said numerous times in the past, I truly believe he is a good man. But sometimes even good men can be led astray. At any rate, I'll be watching for signs that will give the answer.

Lambi has had a rough eight months or so in city hall, he has shown uncharacteristic signs of anger and intolerance of the aldermen, he would bark at the staff, and even employees. In the past two weeks that has all changed; he has even shown respect for Alderman Cheryl Kross, not only her position, but her gender. He showed indifference to bringing back the "Storm Water Utility Tax" for its third and final reading (which frankly, surprised the shit out of me) as it was one of his most sought after bits of legislation. It has gotten to where it seems like he has given up on the city and being mayor. Something is bothering him!

Something happened at the Special Meeting" of November 30th—the only thing on the agenda that evening was "Executive Session." As the mayor and alderman came out of closed session and began filing back into chambers, I noticed Lambi's face was red as a beet. They took their seats and moved to adjourn. Lambi got up immediately and went to the restroom, speaking to no one—none of the aldermen or attendees I spoke with saw him again that evening. I think something happened that evening and I think it had something to do with the subject I spoke of earlier. When the straight poop comes out, you will know what's going on as soon as I get it. Another curious fact about that meeting is that it was attended not only by our city attorney, Paul Rost, but another "special attorney" too. Something big is brewing in Wentzville!

Here's a NEWS FLASH for ya, something I just heard this afternoon from a highly reputable yet unsuspected source: Mayor Paul Lambi may resign from his office before the end of the year! Another first for Wentzville and if true, it's unfortunate that it will become his legacy in the history of our city.

3 comments:

  1. What did Lambi do that would make him want to resign?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been connecting the dots for several months and although I think I know the reason, I'm going to reserve my information until the hammer drops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe this garbage! I know Paul Lambi and he has never been involved in anything that would bring disgrace to himself or the city. Where do you get all of this outrageous crap you're spreading?

    ReplyDelete