Monday, December 19, 2011

Leon Tow Candidate for Mayor


An invitation was given to all candidates running for office in the 2012 election to place their bio/platform here. It must be understood that this is not an endorsement of any prospective mayor or alderman and is open for any legitimate, registered candidate to post their political platform.

For Immediate Release:
LEON TOW for MAYOR

Wentzville has a strong future, built on a strong foundation of our past. Whether you are new to the community or a long-standing resident, I hope you share my pride in calling Wentzville home. Wentzville has been home to my family and me for 40 years. In that time, I have served three years on the Planning and Zoning Commission and 14 years as Alderman. While in the service to the City, I have been elected by the board to serve as President of the Board of Aldermen seven times.
  1. My administration will be proactive and diversified in matters of economic development, working toward creating jobs while maintaining those we currently have. 
  2. I will work with the Board of Aldermen and direct staff to improve services and lower costs and taxes. 
  3. As Mayor I will work with the Board of Aldermen and staff to improve traffic flow throughout our city.
  4. I will fight to protect open spaces and develop parks that enhance the quality of life for all citizens. 
  5. Proud of our city's rich heritage and a long-time member of the Wentzville Historical Society, I will actively continue revitalization of our historic downtown. 
  6. As Mayor I will improve communication with citizens, businesses, staff, and the Board of Aldermen.
  7. I will work toward optimizing our resources to create a more economically efficient city staff and government. 
  8. Being an active member of the Green Lantern Support Committee, I have first hand knowledge of some of the needs of our senior citizens. I will work diligently to help meet those needs.
As a long-time resident I am aware of the rich history of Wentzville and have a strong desire to maintain the hometown atmosphere of our city as we work to build a better future. In addition to my work ethic, strong family values, and sense of community, as Mayor I can provide knowledgeable caring leadership.

If you need more information, do not hesitate to call or email me. Come out Election Day, April 3rd and vote for Leon Tow for Mayor.

Leon

Phone: 636-780-0789
Website: Leon4Mayor.com

(If you are a candidate and want your platform presented here, email it to: thewentzvillian@aol.com. Submissions will be posted in the order of receipt and unedited.)

4 comments:

  1. I know Alderman Tow and I know the other candidates too. Mr. Tow and his wife always volunteer their time to make Wentzville a better place for many years. I don't think Guccone or Schutte have ever done one stitch of time or effort for Wentzville. I will vote Tow and know that I voted for wentzville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tnose are six very important points in providing a healthy future for our community. As a citizen and city employee I would like more information regarding what you will do to achieve those goals. I would also be interested in hearing your plan for balancing the cost of health insurance, which i understand may involve passing some of the cost to employees, yet insuring the retention of staff so that quality services may still be provided.

    Im excited about the future of Wentzville and take my voting responsibility very seriously. Thank you in advance for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the mayor candidates have their positive qualities and some negatives. When I look at your poll, I realize that it's not an accurate accounting of what will happen. Looking at experience and counting the negatives for each candidate as it stands today, I have to agree, Tow should win this election. I think that unless Tow does something really stupid between now and April 3rd, the other two candidates will have to do something spectacular if they want to beat Tow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that Guccione has planted 3 candidates (one in each ward) in an attempt to take over the board of aldermen in 2012 because no one listens to his crazy ideas. Those three are Jay Weber in ward 1, Donna Sherwood in ward 2, and Rodney Stratman in Ward 3. As a matter of fact, one of them lives right next door to him.

    ReplyDelete