Monday, February 18, 2013

21% Job Approval Rating


Some of you have taken the opportunity to vote in the "Rate Mayor Guccione's Performance" poll at the top of the column on the left, and I thank you. Even though it's not as yet a huge sampling of Wentzville voters I thought it would be fun to track how my readers judge our Mayor through the end of his term. Personally, on my report card he has been a miserable failure in his first year in office. I can't say he was a disappointment because I followed his career through five years as an alderman and he did absolutely nothing, so in that respect he got an "A,"—I expected nothing and he delivered—nothing.

Mayor Nickolas Guccione was elected on April 3, 2012 with just 42 percent of the vote so I expect his job approval ratings here would be no more than that and most probably something less. Guccione didn't do himself any favors with the Board of Aldermen when he ran such an unethical campaign and holding his vacated seat open for nine months, failing to work with them on an appointment made it even worse. The hole he dug created interpersonal relationship problems and he is having a difficult time assimilating. His obvious lack of oratory skills and inability to articulate will remain problematic for the remainder of his term. Unfortunately for Wentzville, the officials of other communities in St. Charles County see him as a joke and question the intelligence of our citizens who voted him into office.

Today, according to The Wentzvillian Poll; Mayor Nickolas Guccione's job approval rating is bleak at 21%. It's interesting to note that all of the positive votes for him were "Excellent" which puzzles me because anyone who is conscious or watches him in action (and I use that word loosely) could not possibly call his job performance "Excellent." Since he has five "Excellent" votes I have to assume he has four friends left he hasn't ailenated—yet!

8 comments:

  1. so far your poll shows that people either love him or hate him, he's polarized the voters. it's funny that the more objective voters think he has done a "poor" job by 100% none one think he's "good."

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are wrong about the mayor not doing anything. he did author and bring to the board a resolution to change our street names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot, he voted against Rankin and Sam's Club coming to town. Then he ducked out on Sam's Club's grand opening, ribbon cutting, and tried to take credit for Rankin. Lord help us!

      Delete
  3. I've been following the Wentzvillian for a while and I find it difficult to believe everything you write. But after watching Mayor Guccione during his first year as Mayor I do have serious questions regarding his abilities to lead our city. Sadly, I voted for him and if he reads this I have only one question: Mayor Guccione, what have you personally done or accomplished regarding your campaign promises you gave to me in exchange for my vote?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poll is not accurate. My husband and I voted, as did our entire family. Our seventeen votes are not represented. The proof? You show only six "excellent" votes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no control over the poll, I do know that an individual ISP will only allow one vote to be counted. Your family would need to use different computers.

      Delete
  5. Mayor Guccione is doing a very good job. He is much better leader than Mayor Lambi showed. I will vote for him again and believe you are the most ignorant person in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most ignorant in the whole state, I've made the big-time Ms. Guccione.

      Delete