Friday, July 13, 2012

A Passive-Aggressive, Illiterate-Blowhole


Another way too late night meeting in City Hall, they went into executive session at midnight and I didn't stick around to see when they returned, I'd bet it was close to 1:00 am. Long meetings have become so common that I saw several regular attendees bringing their chair pillows.

I've heard that if you have surgery it's best to have it in the morning when the doctors and nurses are well rested and alert. The only reason I bring this up is because during executive session the Aldermen talk about items that are very important to the welfare of the city. I just wonder how many of the decisions in these meetings are rushed or haphazard because they start after midnight. I am sure our Aldermen have jobs and get up early everyday to be able to make a living—after working all day and being up for 18 hours how does a person think rationally? I have never experienced city meetings this long on a regular basis but I guess it should be expected when we have a mayor who does not know how to run a meeting.

There were some real highlights last night and it started right out of the gate. Mayor Guccion had received the applications for the vacant Ward 3 seat as a result of the process put in place by the Board and he made his selection. Surprise, surprise, he named Michael Hayes, the same candidate he had initially chosen.  If you'll remember, Guccione has stated on several occasions: "I don't care what process you put in place or how many names you bring forward, it's my appointment and I'm going to appoint my candidate." During the discussion and questioning of Mr. Hayes, Ward 1 Alderman, Forrest Gossett appealed to the mayor saying regardless of the vote on your appointment he hopes they could put behind them the barrier that went up during the campaign and get down to the business of representing the citizen of Wentzville. Mayor Guccione said it was behind them and agreed they need to work together. I've heard Guccione say things like this before on various subjects and lie straight faced.

When the vote came down it was 3-2 against Guccione's appointment which indicates; not all of the Aldermen thought Guccione's appointment was unpalatable. Alderman of Ward 3 and President of the Board, Rick Stokes said of the four applicants: "With no disrespect to Mr. Hayes, I think his qualifications ranked fourth." I heard the other applicants names but I only knew one of them; Darrel Lackey. Lackey a long time veteran of Wentzville politics ran against Guccione for Mayor and was the butt of some of Guccione's dirtiest politics ever in Wentzville History. Something tells me that our mimesis will never appoint Lackey even though he would represent the citizens of Ward 3 extremely well. This man has no intention of ever compromising on this or any issue—the Ward 3 seat will remain vacant before Guccione selects any of the other applicants.

I waited for the other shoe to drop before I commented on the speculation I made in my last blog: "The First 100 Days". After watching who went into executive session, I knew that someone was going to get removed from their job, unfortunately, it was the Public Works Director Scott Smith. Scott is a hell of a nice guy, one of the most articulate, well-spoken, and intelligent members of city staff that I've ever seen. I am saddened that he was the first of many employees to be misled by our incompetent mayor, Guccione. I wish Scott well in his future and hope city employees are as angry with their boss as I am.

A warning to city employees: Beware of the lack of good direction you receive from this piss ant we call our mayor, you may be next. He has never taken responsibility for anything negative and he will never admit that Mr. Smith lost his job due to the mayor's inept and apathetic direction. It disgusts me that Guccione has carved the first notch in his gun for anyone other than himself. This passive-aggressive, illiterate-blowhole of a Mayor is dangerous and needs to go.

PSS: There's a great deal more to come regarding the meeting of July 11th and I will present more in the next edition of The Wentzvillian.

4 comments:

  1. How do you find out these things about what's going on in the City?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pay attention to our Wentzville government and believe if more citizens did, we would not have a county-wide laughing stock for a Mayor.

      There were four candidates running and any of those men would have done a better job for Wentzville than him.

      Delete
  2. You didn't mention that somebody in the city rearranged the seating in chambers so that the backs of the staff is the only thing you can see. The staff can no longer be seen by the citizen, neither at the meeting or on the video. When you don't know the staff members, you can't tell who's talking. If anyone in the city reads this, please put ir back the way it was

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct in your assessment of the Mayor's responsibility for the removal of the public works director from staff. Guccione was advised more than once to direct staff to follow city policies, he did nothing.

    Pandering to employees, he did not want to look like a boss and declined to direct the public works director to adhere to policy. Guccione's lack of direction cost Mr. Smith his job.

    This is just the first. There will be more and employee's jobs are in Guccione's slippery hands. Employees had better pay attention, he will not direct and is too ignorant of his own job to protect you because of his neglect and politically driven agenda. You may easily be another Guccione casualty.

    ReplyDelete