Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Good To Be Back!

Thirteen months have passed since I fell off the scene in Wentzville. I wish I could say that I spent the time on a tropical island but alas, no such luck. I'll not bore you with the real facts of my absence, but I assure you I wasn't in Jail. I have however, kept up with what has been going on in my beloved Wentzville and I'm happy to report a good many positive developments have occured.

April 2010 brought about the election of Wentzville's first majority conseravative Board of Aldermen in decades and Paul Lambi was re-elected to his fourth term as Mayor winning 38.42 percent of the vote. Hardly a landslide, especially when his closest opponent was the infamous reprobate Bill Schuette. I was disapointed that Alderman Patrick Moody elected not to run again in Ward 1 but very pleased that Leon Tow came out of retirement to fill the vacancy garnering 98.33 percent of the vote. Ward 2 elected Vann Samples with 59.31 percent of the vote and Ward 3 saw John Luby defeated by Rick Stokes who carried 52.4 percent. I have returned to my old place at the Board of Aldermen meetings, I can't wait to see our junior Aldermen at work.

I am back now, unable to return to my regular job so I'll be spending lots more time here. I hope my posts help you in making your decisions in the upcoming election in April 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment